Conditions of Entry
1. The organizers must receive applications no later than May 1st, 2021.
2. All participants, including dancers and choreographers, are required to have professional experience.
3. Choreographers must be under 40 years of age.
4. The competition is open to solos, duets, trios, and group pieces up to five performers.
5. Choreographer’s may perform in their own work.
6. The work can be created by multiple choreographers. (All the choreographer's information should be mentioned on the online application)
7. Subject and music of all pieces is open to the choreographer. Please note that the competition is focused on contemporary works.
8. The work should be between 5 and 15 minutes long.
9. A link to a complete online recording of the piece you wish to present at the Choreography Competition 2021 should be included along the online application. (Trailer video will not be considered)
10. Submitted works must have been choreographed after July 10th, 2018.
11. If you are applying with a new creation, a link to a complete rehearsal recording of the piece you wish to present at the Choreography Competition 2021 should be included along the online application. (Work in process and studio recording are acceptable)
12. Those involved in the event should be available for both performing days and necessary rehearsals free of charge. This includes any possible radio/TV interviews, press conferences, and TV/Internet broadcasting.
Should we not be able to hold the event live in Copenhagen this July, be assured that we plan to present a fully online alternative. Don’t let any concerns about COVID-19 restrictions stop you from applying!